Monday, January 14, 2008

We can't really commute in together any more since I wake up at 5:45 AM and try to get to work by 7 AM. But we try to catch a commute home together, especially on the quiet days. She sends me a message or I send her a message, 'hey, ETD (estimated time of departure)?' and we'll debate it over. If she sends me the message, I know anymore then half an hour and she'll reply back, 'okay, I'll just take off now.' It's not a big deal for me to stay later though. I get overtime pay and perks like dinner and a cab home, but the twenty minutes of company is nice.

We meet on the corner of 17th and Connecticut, her side of the street. It's cold and she waves me to the escalator and we race down. We sit next to each other on the train. I take her work keys and tease her, and when I put them back I take her lip gloss. She doesn't notice until I make fun of her big bag. And we talk about our day. She pokes at me leg telling me about her crazy boss. She picks her cat's cat hair off me while I tell her about her crazy cats morning shenanigans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home