Thursday, November 03, 2005

gut check

All week I've been at work for the following:

Monday - 6:30pm
Tuesday - 7:30pm
Wednesday - 8:30
and tonight - Estimated time of departure, who knows!

The developments in the past week have also been fairly significant as well. She's back in my life. It's a bit...surreal. The girl that I thought I would never see again, I have been seeing again. She's not even sure if she's back. I have no idea what is going on.

Financially, I am...well, remember Man Day 2005? The invoice came in yesterday.

What I am looking forward to is going home tonight to my empty apartment, cooking a pork lion seasoned in a spicy mesquite dry rub, making cranberry glazed sweet potatoes and opening a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz. For a brief four hours tonight, I'll pretend I'm home and not in this static state of constant transition that us young people are forced into. I may pop in a movie. I think I have Layer Cake from netflix somewhere.

Maybe I'll just open up the Yellow Tail. The Shiraz is bold and decisive. It says, hey, I am strong and I have pleanty of flavour. I'd date Yellow Tail Shiraz. She's fresh and new. Very toxic. She's like a perfect lemonade, bitter but balanced with a sweetness to remind you of the summer. The vanilla scent she leaves you with only makes you want more. She'll get you excited and relaxed all at the same time. She's not afraid of leaving her lipstick on your lips. She'll hold your hand, make you brave and whisper things in your ear to ease you to sleep. She won't make you broke, but you won't mind spending a little extra for her. And.... I dig Australian chicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home